It has been a tough year for the tourism sector in our landscape. With the outbreak of Covid 19, our tourism industry was immensely affected.
On behalf of the Laikipia Tourism Association, we’d like to express our deepest gratitude for your support. Over the past year, this support to LTA has enabled us to:
- Work with County Government of Laikipia on Covid 19 communications and outreach.
- We continue to work with Kenya Tourism Board on Magical Kenya and Signature experience.
- We have worked with KCB on loan access as part of county relief funding.
- We have been working with the Kenya Tourism Board to direct ministry relief funds to tourism services in Laikipia.
- We continue to work with TRA to fulfil COVID self-assessment activities in readiness for renewed operations.
- We are also working with TRA on standards for niche tourism markets such as tented camps and adventure tourism.
- We are working with the Laikipia County Development Authority (LCDA) to develop a new and improved Destination Laikipia Website that will help people wanting to come to Laikipia to view our different attractions and destinations.
Wildlife tourism is a major part of our hospitality sector
photo by Alisa Bowen at Governor’s Mugie (LTA member)
We are optimistic about the coming year. As the Laikipia Tourism Association, we pledge to work relentlessly to foster partnerships and cohesion in our sector. It is the only way we can achieve our goal to ensure that Laikipia and its surroundings are recognized as the most diverse, sustainable tourism destination in East Africa.
We would be delighted to have you onboard as a member of the Laikipia Tourism Association and help our efforts in providing you with benefits such as.
- Influencing the government to have fair and appropriate business permits, licenses and taxation.
- Access to trade shows/fairs and marketing material (brochures etc.)
- Sharing annual information on tourism performance/ registry/ standards/ compliance.
- Helping in the monitoring and reporting on sustainable tourism opportunities incentives and benefits.
- Providing access to tools and technologies that support sustainable tourism.
- Providing access to a skilled labour pool and recruitment
- Access to information and participation in matters impacting sustainable tourism.
- Negotiating financial benefits for instance insurances, inter-county rates, destination incentives and cross-selling; health and safety; and other opportunities addressing tourism at scale and many more that we are working towards.
To become an LTA member please pay a one-time registration fee of 5,000 KSH and an annual fee (2019) of KSH 10,000.
Become a member of the Laikipia Tourism Association for 2021 by clicking the link below.
You can also donate as much as you can to support the Laikipia Tourism Association and help realize their mandate.
If you have any questions or feedback regarding LTA or regarding membership/registration, you can reach us through + 254 (0) 712891269 or our email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to serving you and working with you for the coming years.