MCF funds projects in areas where demand is highest; where projects are focused on benefits to communities or community organizations, where small conservation activities yield big results, and where local community capacities to protect threatened species and ecosystems are low or under-resourced. Projects should be local and should focus on the Greater Laikipia Landscape.
Grants with one or more of the following characteristics will be given priority:
- Promotes habitat conservation for threatened animal species and important habitats.
- Supports at least one of the primary thematic areas of the Fund.
- You can demonstrate a financial or in-kind contribution of labour, materials, good will, or other types of matching contributions.
- Contributes to conservation actions that have a multiplier effect.
- Addresses the root cause of the issue or problem you’ve identified.
- Demonstrates measurable and quantifiable impacts.