Late last month, Laikipia Tourism Association (LTA) announced its 2021 membership drive campaign to provide the greater Laikipia Tourism community with a voice. Our target is to get up 50 establishments on board with the Laikipia Tourism Association this year. In the long term, we hope to have all establishments in Laikipia and its surroundings becoming members of the LTA.
Our most recent members of the LTA include.
We are also excited that more members are renewing their membership to the association showing their commitment towards providing the Laikipia Tourism Association. We are excited to continue working with establishments and tour operators such as. Sosian Lodge, Kongoni Camp, Kicheche Camp Laikipia, Lets go travel Uniglobe, El Karama Lodge, Kampur Travel Diaries, Sweetwaters Serena Camp, Ol Pejeta Safari Cottages, Ekorian’s Mugie Camp, Governor’s Mugie House, Sophia Rose Travel, Thompson Falls Lodge, Peaks Hotel Nanyuki.
We are optimistic about 2021. Over the first few months we aim to:
- Launch a site for the Laikipia Tourism Association. This will help us provide member benefits such as marketing and promotion, providing access to a skilled labour pool, provision of information on tourism performance, registry, standards and compliance much more efficiently and effectively.
- Work towards various partnerships and collaboration that we believe will be beneficial to our tourism sector. We are scheduled to have a meeting with Kenya Railways in the course of the month. This is in an effort to link the revamped Nairobi-Nanyuki railway with tourism promotion and development in out landscape.
- Work with Tourism Regulatory authority and our establishments to ensure that all the establishments receive compliance certificates and ensure that our landscape’s destinations/establishments are recognized as the most compliant to the required health and safety protocols.
- Promote and market establishments and destination in our landscape. We also aim to form more partnerships with media outlets, digital marketing companies that will help us package and market Laikipia and its surroundings.
- Increase the number of opportunities for our members to be trained and informed in different sustainable tourism themes, technologies, and funding opportunities.
The Laikipia Tourism Association will also hold its first membership meeting for 2021 in February. It will help the association and our members deliberate on a work plan and budget for this calendar year.
This meeting will also give our members a chance to air their opinions, suggestions and concerns.
Members will elect a new and vibrant executive committee to take the Association forward.
Who can become a member?
ALL tourism service providers within the borders of Laikipia that comply with the law and possess a valid business permit are welcome to subscribe as members.
Why become an LTA member?
Through your membership, we are able to;
- Advocate on issues impacting sustainable tourism in Laikipia.
- The LTA can represent the Laikipia tourism industry at national and regional levels on all matters impacting tourism.
- We work with the County government to consolidate marketing, branding and communications that support Laikipia tourism, and provide guidance on the implementation of the Laikipia Tourism Master Plan.
- LTA also works with the county government to create an enabling environment for sustainable tourism. Our primary focus is a public-private partnership and to provide leadership in the identification, development and use of sustainable approaches, tools and technologies in the greater Laikipia tourism sector.
- Influence Government to have fair and appropriate business permits, licenses, and taxation. We support a consistent and fair single business permit.
Other Membership Benefits
- Members get access to trade fairs/shows/marketing/brochures and materials
- Provision of annual information on tourism performance/registry/standards/compliance Assist in the monitoring and reporting on sustainable tourism opportunities, incentives, and benefits
- Get access to tools and technologies that support sustainable tourism
- Access to skilled labour pool and recruitment; we serve as an information clearinghouse on training and certification opportunities, and internships
- Access to information and participation on matters impacting sustainable tourism.
How can you become a member?
To become an LTA member please pay a one-time registration fee of 5,000 KSH and an annual fee of KSH 10,000.
It is only through your membership, that the Laikipia Tourism Association can realize its goal to ensure that Laikipia and its surroundings are recognized as the most diverse, sustainable tourism destination in East Africa.