The Magical Kenya Signature Experience (MKSE) program is an initiative that promotes a compilation of authentic and exceptional travel experiences that are best aligned to Magical Kenya’s brand promise.
The program commenced in 2019, whereby fifteen inaugural MKSE facilities that met the required criteria of a Kenya signature experience were recognised. The awards marked the beginning of a journey to deliver diverse tourism experiences in Kenya.
All tourism businesses based in Kenya offering exceptional experiences to global travellers are eligible to apply.
Eligibility criteria include:
- Delivering a travel experience that meets the definition of an authentic Kenya Signature experience
- Receiving international travellers. Candidates can however work with the domestic visitors/market.
- Having all required licenses for operating a tourism business in Kenya. Additionally, have a minimum of two years in delivering the experiences.
- Provide and deliver the experience, and are seen as the point of sale for the customer.
- Have experience working with international tour operators in any KTB key source markets and comply with commonly accepted “export ready” criteria.
- Have a website with content (image, text and video) that inspires travellers and describes the experiences and allows for travellers to make a booking.
- Have rights-free, high-resolution multimedia material that KTB can use to market the experience.
- Deliver experiences that are environmentally responsible and for the benefit of the local community.
On Monday 15th February 2021, Magical Kenya launched a new collection of Magical Kenya Signature experience for the 2021-2022 collection.
A total of 29 experiences were selected for the 2021-2022 collection.
During the unveiling, Tourism and Wildlife Cabinet Secretary, Najib Balala, urged tourism providers to expand their products to deliver unique and authentic Kenyan travel experiences to travelers. (Click on any of these signature experiences for a short video on what makes these destinations “magical”).
These outstanding Laikipia region destinations, and members of the Laikipia Tourism Association, are recognized for their unique offerings in the tourism sector:
- El Karama Lodge for their El Karama experience
- Savage Wilderness for various experiences including. Kayaking in Kenya, Rafting in Kenya, and Cycling in the Mara.
- African Ascents for their Mountaineering experience on Mt. Kenya
Mountaineering on Mt. Kenya experience, African Ascents
- Olepangi Farm for their experience in a small Kenyan farm.
A day in a small Kenyan farm, Olepangi Farm
Other establishments within Laikipia and its surroundings also recognized include:
- Saruni, Samburu for their Black rhino tracking and their Warrior Academy experiences
- Saasab, Samburu for their Fly Camp under the stars experience.
- Solio Lodge for the Rhino Extravaganza
- LTA member – Karisia Walking Safaris
- The Safari Series for the Safari Series experience at Lolldaiga Hills Ranch
- Borana Lodge for the Pride Rock and Rhino Tracking
We are pleased to be part of this effort. The Greater Laikipia Landscape is home to many more unique tourism experiences, and the Laikipia Tourism Association remains committed to assisting members through the signature experience application process to ensure they are part of subsequent “magical” collections.
Contact us for assistance through email email@example.com or call us 0712891269
Or for more details on the MKSE, you can get in touch with the Kenya Tourism Board through firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0720 271 1262.