First and foremost, we want to thank you for your continued investment in our Partnership. Without your loyalty and support, the Mount Kenya Ewaso Water Partnership (MKEWP) would not be able to enjoy our collective accomplishments. Simply put, you make what we do possible.
Your membership enabled us to;
- Get the next phase of WRUA capacity building and finance endorsed by the WRG 2030/World Bank Board.
- Orient 30 WRUAs on the new intent and format for a water services agreement with WRA. Your collective support of this model strengthens the chances for implementation.
- Establish 7 business linkages with water technical service providers and farmers for installation of technologies that support water harvesting, storage and irrigation.
- Help 394 farmers adopt various technologies of water harvesting, storage, abstraction and application. These include drip kits, dam liners and solar pumps.
- Hold a successful Annual General Meeting on the 29th November 2019 with 70 members and 2 donor partners.
- Establish EMU SACCO. The SACCO is an innovative credit and savings society dubbed the Ewaso Maji Users Sacco, to help farmers get finances to acquire water infrastructure supplies and materials at discounted prices. Become a member of EMU-SACCO today! EMU SACCO is hosted at the Laikipia Forum ground next to the ASK Showground.
We encourage you to join the Water Partnership for another successful year by renewing your membership. Your early renewal will help us ensure another year’s programming. Each shilling of membership fee helps us leverage another 19 shillings in donor support!
We remain committed to you. Our resolutions this year are:
- Work closely with our partners and WRA towards the piloting of Water Services Agreement for 7 pilot WRUAs.
- Ensure water security within the catchment and at household levels by working closely with WRUAs and community water projects in conjunction with Emu-Sacco.
- Build the capacity of our pilot WRUAs through trainings on governance, accountability, lobbying and advocacy.
- Get funding opportunities for WRUAs and CWPs through national and multi-national sources and assist them to secure these funds.
- Register the Partnership
- Increase Emu-Sacco membership to 500 members, and start rolling out loans to members.
- Increase MKEWPS partnership by getting new partners and new partnerships?
- Secure new sources of funding and support.
We hope you’ve been able to benefit from your membership with MKEWP. If not, let us fix that right away! Call Susan Gathoni at 0712411107, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we may better meet your needs.
Make sure to let us know if you have any suggestions. We’d love to hear your feedback!
Follow us on facebook and twitter on the following handles:
Below is a link to our 2019 Annual report. Enjoy your read and please share any ideas or comments on how to improve on the report.